An official notice has been released by University of Calcutta (CU) , Kolkata which states that all interested candidates can apply for Ph.D programmes in the Department of Physics.
All the interested candidates can apply for this course and they must possess a Bachelors degree in any discipline with Master of Science (M.Sc) in Physics from a recognised university/institute.
For more details, candidates are requested to visit the university's official website.
The selection of candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in the Research Eligibility Test (RET) and the interview conducted by the institute.
Candidates, who have qualified in UGC/ National Eligibility Test (NET)/ GATE/ Teacher Eligibility or equivalent examinations or have already obtained the M.Phil degree, would be exempted from the written examination, but they must appear for the interview.
All the candidates need to pay Rs 100 as application fee.
How to apply:
- All the candidates can download the application from website, www.caluniv.ac.in
- Fill in all the details in prescribed format only
- The filled in application along with self attested copies should be sent to The Head, Physics Department, University of Calcutta, 92 Acharya Prafulla Chandra (A. P. C.) Road, Kolkata 700009.
- Last date for submission of application form is July 11
- The admission test will be conducted on July 26
- Interview will be held from July 26 to July 28