Srinagar terror attack: CRPF commandant killed, 9 other wounded


A CRPF commandant was killed in a fear assault in Srinagar's Nowhatta territory on Monday, two hours before an Independence Day parade in the zone. Eight CRPF work force and a police constable were harmed in the assault. Following a four-hour gunfight, two activists, accepted to be "nonnatives", were killed, authorities said.

 Pramod Kumar, Commanding Officer of the 49 brigade, kicked the bucket subsequent to supporting a shot damage to the head. He was advanced as CO of the unit on July 12, a day prior to his girl's seventh birthday. Kumar, who hailed from Bihar, is made due by his significant other Neha Tripathi, little girl Aarna and his 63-year-old father. He was anticipating another posting after his advancement a month ago. Adorned thrice with unique recompenses from the Director General of the power for his "high operational sharpness" and administration, Kumar had been serving in Kashmir throughout the previous two years.

 Jamtara area, Neha said, "We talked via telephone the previous evening. He was demanding I send recordings of our girl, who is learning Kathak. He was so energized. At the beginning of today, I called him yet he didn't get," she said. Neha said that at first, she thought her better half was occupied with the banner raising function. "Yet, when he didn't give back my call, I attempted the control room. They let me know my better half was harmed. I was concerned. I contacted others from his camp. They let me know he was in the operation theater. Two or after three hours, they let me know he was no more," she said.

PM Modi signalled hardening posture on Pakistan raising Balochistan & POK issue

Neha was with her significant other in Srinagar till Holi this year. "He sent me here (to Jamtara) in light of the fact that I was confronting restorative issues and he felt I would be preferred dealt with here over in Srinagar," she said. The two got hitched in 2008. Kumar's dad Prabhu Mistry, who resigned from Chittaranjan Locomotive Works, and Neha's dad, who used to work in an organization in Bokaro, were neighbors. Mistry has a discourse issue and conveys by composing notes. Neha said her better half, the main child among five youngsters, dealt with the whole family. "Regularly, officers can be strict. Be that as it may, he was so cherishing. He was a decent child, a great spouse and a decent father. Aarna was his life," she said.

Reviewing her little girl's birthday a month ago, she said, "He was occupied with the Amarnath yatra so he couldn't get back home. In any case, he sent her a Barbie and a birthday dress through dispatch. We were trusting he would be home around this time, yet he let us know one of his senior officers was on leave, so he couldn't come.

" Neha said she has not informed her little girl regarding Kumar's passing. "She saw me sobbing in the morning. She asked me for what valid reason, yet how would I be able to advise her? She is near her dad. I advised her I'm feeling unwell," she said. The CRPF said Kumar's mortal remains are being transported by a unique airplane from Srinagar to Jamtara, where his last ceremonies would be performed in Mihijam town on Tuesday. Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das mourned Kumar's demise, saying, "I am profoundly disheartened by the occurrence. His affliction won't go waste." In Humhama, Srinagar, a wreath-laying service was hung on Monday evening, went to by J&K Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti.

 Giving points of interest of the assault, IG CRPF Atul Gerewal told The Indian Express that around 8.30 am, activists, who had taken sanctuary in a relinquished working close to Srinagar's Jama Masjid, let go on a lawfulness group at Nowhatta. "Activists were locked in by the CRPF and police groups; two aggressors were murdered," he said, including that the aggressors perhaps needed to extend the experience. Gerewal said the procedure to distinguish the killed activists is on, yet "from appearance they look like outsiders and were on a fidayeen mission". He facilitate said it created the impression that the Lashkar-e-Taiba could have been included.

 "Kumar was a dynamic officer… his unit was posted in Karan Nagar," Gerewal said. This is the primary activist assault in the old city in the most recent decade. A CRPF proclamation said, "Driving from the front, Kumar and his men succeeded in wiping out two activists before he was hit. He was quickly cleared to 92 Base Hospital, Srinagar, where he was gotten a condition of trance state. He succumbed to his wounds not long after." A specifically delegated officer, Kumar joined the power on January 1, 1998 and served in different parts and limits.

He served in Srinagar, Tripura, Assam, Jammu, Bihar, Jharkhand and Andhra Pradesh, CRPF sources said. At the season of his passing, Kumar was presented as staff officer on DIG (North) Srinagar. The CRPF said Kumar was "known as a courageous officer with an extremely pleasant nature. He seemed to be a sympathetic pioneer. An officer with high operational keenness, he was granted the DG's Commendation Disk in 2015 and the DG's Commendation Certificate in 2011 and 2014". Kumar additionally served in the uncommon security bunch somewhere around 2011 and 2013.

For latest hindi news, click here