Treasure house of vitamins and minerals, spinach must be included in the week's menu. The usage can be varied: chopped spinach leaves cooked with potatoes is a semi-wet vegetable with rotis, a few spinach leaves thrown in with mixed vegetables and turned into a soup is lovely on a cold winter night, chopped and blanched spinach makes a different sort of raita, spinach puree can be used in cutlets or kababs, the list goes on. So here is the recipe:
- Spinach chopped ¾ cup
- Feta cheese crumbled ½ cup
- Sundried tomatoes torn ¼ cup
- Eggs 12
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- Tabasco sauce 2 teaspoons
- Butter as required
- White bread slices to serve
- For each omelette, break 3 eggs into a bowl. Add salt, crushed peppercorns and ½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce and whisk well.
- Heat 1 teaspoon butter in a non-stick pan. Add egg mixture and rotate the pan to spread the egg evenly and cook on low heat for a minute.
- Sprinkle some spinach, feta cheese, torn sundried tomatoes, crushed peppercorns and salt on top. Fold and cook till fully done. Serve hot with toasted bread slices.