- 12corn tortillas or 12 flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1small onion, minced
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 1lb mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄4cup white wine
- 12ounces fresh spinach, washed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4cup lime juice or 1⁄4 cup wine
- 3⁄4cup water
- season salt, to taste (reduced to 1 t from 1 T and it was still considered salty please adjust to your taste or leave out a) (optional)
- 1tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2cup cilantro, chopped, use the amount that suits your taste
- 1cup sour cream
- Filling: Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat and saute onions, garlic and mushrooms until soft and liquid has evaporated, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove half of the mushroom mixture and set aside, reserving for the sauce.
- Add wine and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted and liquid has evaporated. Taste and add salt or season salt to taste IF NEEDED.
- Sauce: In a small sauce pan combine water, wine/juice, seasoned salt, chicken bouillon and garlic powder. Stir to dissolve before adding reserved mushroom mixture, sour cream and cilantro. Reduce heat to simmer until sauce just begins to thicken.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Wrap tortillas in paper towels and heat in microwave for a minute or so just to soften them.
- Divide filling evenly among the warm tortillas, fill and roll and place them seam side down in a greased 9×13 pan.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas, top with shredded cheese and bake 10-15 minutes- just until cheese is melted- browned if you like- and the entire dish has heated through.