1 (12 oz) fully cooked smoked sausage, fully cooked smoked
2 cloves Garlic
1 tbsp Parsley, fresh
1 cup Chicken broth
Pasta & grains
16 oz Pasta, dry
Baking & spices
1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
3 tbsp Flour
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp Salt
3 tbsp Butter
2 cups Half and half
2 cups Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions until just al dente; drain.
- While pasta cooks, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Stir in flour.
- Whisk in chicken broth until smooth, then stir in half and half.
- Add salt, pepper, cayenne, and red pepper flakes and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella until cheeses are melted and smooth.
- Slice sausage into 1/4 inch pieces and add to the sauce, along with the chopped parsley and cooked pasta. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Preheat broiler. Pour the pasta mixture into a lightly greased, 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden.