Italian cuisine has developed through centuries of social and political changes, with roots stretching to antiquity. Italian cuisine is simple and a number of dishes having only four to eight ingredients. They rely mostly on the quality of ingredients rather than elaborate preparation. Noteworthy changes in Italian cuisine happened with the discovery of the New World and the introduction of potatoes, tomatoes, bell peppers and maize, which are now an integral part of this cuisine. Italian cuisine is known for its regional diversity each with a distinct taste. This cuisine today is probably one of the most popular in the world. So here is the recipe:
- Spaghetti broken 1 cup
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Garlic finely chopped 2 teaspoons
- Red chilli flakes ½ teaspoon
- Vegetable stock 3 cups
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- Fresh parsley sprigs 3-4
- Parmesan cheese grated 4 tablespoons
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add spaghetti and sauté till golden.
- Add garlic and chilli flakes, mix and sauté for ½ minute. Add vegetable stock, stir to mix and let the spaghetti cook.
- Add salt and crushed peppercorns and mix well. Cover and cook till the spaghetti is almost done.
- Finely chop 2-3 parsley sprigs and add to the pan alongwith 3 tablespoons cheese and mix well.
- Transfer risotto in a serving bowl. Finely chop remaining parsley and sprinkle on top alongwith remaining cheese and serve hot.