- Chicken sausages finely chopped 4-5
- Potatoes boiled, peeled and grated 2 medium
- Fresh herbs (mixed) chopped 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli flakes 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- Cornstarch 2 tablespoons
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped a few sprigs
- Oil for deep-frying
- Bread crumbs 1/4 cup
- Combine sausages, potatoes, mixed herbs, red chilli flakes, salt, crushed peppercorns, cornstarch and chopped coriander in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan. Spread the breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape them into tikkis or fritters.
- Coat them in the breadcrumbs and deep-fry in hot oil till golden and crisp.
- Serve hot.