Some of the tools to get Samsung's battery exploded while they were charged with the sale of the Galaxy Note smartphone stopped 7 said on Friday.
Koh Dong-jin, president of Samsung’s mobile business, said customers who already bought Note 7s will be able to swap them for new smartphones, regardless of when they purchased them. Note 7 sales launched just two weeks ago.
“We are currently conducting a thorough inspection with our suppliers to identify the possible affected batteries in the market.
“However, because our customers’ safety is an absolute priority at Samsung, we have stopped sales of the Galaxy Note7,” Samsung Malaysia Electronics said in a statement here.
Samsung's flagship smartphone released its first global recall because it could endanger the phone user to specify exactly how has not been found. smartphones in 10 countries including the US and South Korea are being yanked from the shelves.
Koh said the company's investigation found that a battery cell made by one of its two battery suppliers caused the phone to catch fire. He refused to name the battery supplier.
"There was a tiny problem in the manufacturing process so it was very difficult to find out," Koh told reporters at a news conference.
Some buyers reported a fire in your phone or while charging the phone sharing photos on social media exploded scorched. Samsung in South Korea and abroad 35 such cases were confirmed.
There have been no reports of injuries related to the problem.
Samsung said it has sold more than 1 million Note 7 smartphones since the product's Aug. 19 launch. It has manufactured about 2.5 million Note 7 phones so far, some of them still in inventory. Koh said they also will be returned and swapped with new ones.
The company estimated that it would take about two weeks to begin swapping old Note 7s for new phones.
China is not affected by the sales suspension. The company said it used a battery made by another supplier for the Note 7 sold in China.