- Cream cheese 1 cup
- Digestive biscuits crushed 8-10
- Eggs 3
- Hung curd ½ cup
- Castor sugar (caster sugar) 1 cup
- Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla essence ½ teaspoon
- Coffee powder 1 teaspoon
- caramel sauce to sprinkle
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnishing
- Salted caramel
- Sea salt 1 teaspoon
- Sugar ½ cup
- Fresh cream ¼ cup
- Butter 2 tablespoons
- To make salted caramel, heat sugar in a non-stick pan and let it caramelize. Add cream and butter, mix and cook till the butter melts. Add sea salt and mix well. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180º C.
- Take the crushed biscuits in a bowl. Reserve 1 tablespoon salted caramel, add remaining and mix well. Spread the mixture in a 5 inch loose bottom baking tin evenly to make the crust. Set aside.
- Separate egg yolks from whites and put into two different bowls.
- Cream together cream cheese, hung yogurt and castor sugar in a third bowl till smooth.
- Lightly beat egg yolks, add to the cheese-sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla essence and mix well. Add reserved salted caramel and coffee powder and mix well.
- Beat egg whites with a hand blender till soft peaks are formed. Fold this into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the mixture over the crust lined in the baking tin and spread. Place it in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Cut into wedges, drizzle caramel sauce on top, garnish with mint sprig and serve.