The month of Shravan is the holiest month of the year as per the Hindu Calendar. It is the 5th month, starting in the month of July and ending in the third week of August. Many religious festivities start in this month. Therefore, the Mondays or Somvar as it is known in Hindi, is considered very auspicious as well as austere. As Monday is dedicated to Lord Shiva, the Shravan Somvars or the Somvars that fall in the month of Shravan are important days to offer prayers to lord Shiva..
Samudra Manthan occurrs in the month of Shravan. While the churning took place, the deadliest poison, potent enough to kill the universe – Halahal, came out. Lord Shiva swallowed this poison to save all living beings. Due to this poison his throat turned blue and he is known as the Neelkantha.
To nullify the potency of the poison, Lord Shiva wore the crescent Moon on his head. To calm him down further, the holy water from river Ganga was offered to him by the devtas. As this took place in the month of Shravan, appeasing Lord Shiva in this month is considered very auspicious. Therefore, devotees offer prayers, flowers and Abhishekam to Shiva to seek a long, happy and prosperous life.
Advantages of Rudraabhishek on Somvar (Monday) in Shravan Maas:
* Devotees are blessed with spiritual bliss
* Improves physical and mental health
* Increases willpower and memory
* Women who fast on Shravan Mondays (Somvars) get their perfect partner
* Fasting removes obstacles by expelling negativity
* All the difficulties and tensions of life disappear.
* Lord Shiva blesses unmarried girls with desired husband.
* Lord Shiva blesses married ladies with long life and well being of husband and sons.
* Lord Shiva fulfils all the desires and wishes of his devotees.
* Lord Shiva blesses his devotees with wealth and prosperity.
In the month of Shravan, Lord Shiva is worshiped in his Rudram form. Rudraabhishek is known to be the greatest Puja to overcome all evils, achieve desires and gain all round prosperity as per the Hindu Vedic Scriptures.
This Laghu Rudra Abhishekam Puja gives miracle results to bestow prosperity, fulfilment, and removal of negativities, purify the negative karma & give the protection in life. The Laghu Rudrabhishk is particularly performed for the sake of washing away ones sins and afflictions, for bringing peace, prosperity and happiness, along with family togetherness. Rudrabhishek protects devotees from evil forces & possible dangers.
* Rudraksha Maala
* Chandan (to be applied on forehead daily) for males
* Sindoor for females
* Bindi (for saubhagya and manglaya)