Make some egg sandwiches. Guests come in, make an egg curry or egg biryani. You are hungry? Poach an egg and have it topped with stir fried veggies – perfect protein source for the body! Check the freshness – keep a raw egg in a bowl of water. Fresh eggs will stay at the bottom while stale eggs stand on end or float. So here is the recipe:
- Eggplant / Brinjal 1 medium
- Yogurt 4 tablespoons
- Green chillies finely chopped 2-3
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Spring onions with greens chopped 1
- Salt to taste
- Apply one tablespoon of oil on the eggplant and roast on direct flame till charred. Discard the charred skin, transfer in a bowl and mash well.
- Heat remaining oil in a non-stick pan. Add green chillies and sauté for a minute.
- Add spring onions with greens, mix and sauté till the onions turn translucent. Remove the mixture from heat and cool.
- Beat the yogurt with salt.
- Add the beaten yogurt and sautéed mixture to the eggplant and mix well.
- Serve immediately.