The registrations for Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) will get start from August last week. The aptitude exam will be held on second Sunday rather than first Sunday.
The exam is scheduled to be conducted on January 8, 2017 by the Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur on behalf of the XAMI to choose the candidates.
Across India, the score of XAT will be accepted by around 140 B-schools.
The exam pattern of XAT was changed last year by the college.
Changes introduced last year:
- There will be around 78 questions in the paper
- The time allotted was increased by 20 minutes
- In XAT 2016, students had a choice of not attempting 13 questions
- The number of questions in the GK section were reduced to 25
Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in any of the course from a recognised university or institute. The duration of the programme should be a minimum of three years. Those in the final year of graduation are also eligible to apply.
The Students will be selected on the basis of the cut-offs set by each institute. After the selection, candidates will be asked to appear for a group discussion, written ability test and personal interview rounds.
- XAT is a paper pencil based test divided into two papers
- The duration of the exam is of three hours
- Paper 1 consists of 78 questions from quantitative ability and data interpretation, verbal ability and decision making and analytical reasoning
- Paper 2 is a mix of objective as well as subjective questions from general knowledge and essay writing questions
How to apply:
Candidates can apply for the courses at the official website only.