The Indian Institute of Management has started its registration process for the Common Admission Test (CAT) from today, August 8. The forms are available at the official website, www.iimcat.ac.in
The examination will be held on December 6 by IIM.
The students who are applying for the exam must possess atleast a Bachelor's degree in any of the course from a recognized institute/university.
Students who are in their final year can also apply for the exam.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) followed by Personal Interviews (PI) round.
The exam was held in around 130 cities across the country. The details of test centres will be made available from October 18 onwards at the official website.
List of courses offered:
Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management
Post Graduate Programme in Management
Post-Graduate Programme in Food and Agribusiness Management
Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management
Post Graduate Programme in Securities Markets
Students from General/OBC category must pay Rs 1700 as application fee while SC/ST/OBC applicants need to pay Rs 850 only.
How to register?
- Log on to the official website
- To begin the registration process, candidates need to first make an account
- Candidates need to enter their Correct Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number and Email Address in the space provided
- Enter on the check box 'I Agree'
- Click to submit
- The application form will be opened
- Candidates need to fill in all the information in prescribed format only
- Submit the application
- Candidate are advised to take printout of the same for future reference
The registration will close at 5 pm on September 22
Moreover, the results of the examination will release on second week of January next year.