- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp red food coloring
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 recipe Cream Cheese Glaze, recipe follows
- fresh raspberries and mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup milk, plus more if desired
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and 3 tablespoons milk with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until topping is smooth. Cover; set aside.
- In large bowl, stir all pancake ingredients except powdered sugar with wire whisk until well blended. Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat (375°F). (To test griddle, sprinkle with a few drops of water. If bubbles jump around, heat is just right.) Brush with vegetable oil if necessary or spray with cooking spray before heating.
- For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles form on top and edges are dry. Turn; cook other side until golden brown.
- Spoon cream cheese topping into resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag. Cut off tiny corner of bag; squeeze bag to drizzle topping over pancakes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.