- Beetroot puree ¾ cup
- Refined flour (maida) 1½ cups
- Butter 1½ cups + ¾ cup
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Castor sugar (caster sugar) 1½ cups
- Eggs 3
- Vanilla essence a few drops
- Icing sugar 2 cups
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift the refined flour and baking powder. Set aside
- Cream the butter and sugar together till light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one by one, beating well till the mixture becomes light. Add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Fold in the refined flour, adding it in batches. Add the beetroot puree and mix well.
- Line the silicon cup cakes with colourful paper cups and pour the batter into the individual cup cake moulds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile combine together butter and icing sugar in a bowl and with the electric beater beat till light and fluffy.
- Put the frosting in the piping bag and top the cake with it. Sprinkle the edible sprinklers onto it and serve.