Halwa is one of the favourite dessert of Indians after all it’s easy to make and less time taking. Try this delicious recipe!
- 1 ½ cups suji (semolina)
- 3-4 strands of kesar (saffron)
- ½ cup ghee
- ¾ cup chopped nuts (raisins, almonds)
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup sugar
- 5 pods green cardamom split open
- chopped dry fruits or nuts for garnish (almond, cashew, raisins )Punjabi Kadhi Recipe
- Heat a deep sauce pan on slow flame, melt ghee. Add semolina (suji) in melted ghee and stir it gently till the time it turns out be little brown.
- Add crushed nuts, saffron, cardamom powder and stir it gently
- Add water while stirring the ingredients
- Add sugar and bring it to boil on high flame and let suji absorb the water
- Keep stirring it regularly but, gently till the time water doesn’t get absorbed
- Serve hot and garnished with chopped dry fruits