Desserts are mandatory after main course isn’t it? In Indian cusine kheer is the most popular dessert but, usually we eat kheer made with rice. Today, we have got something different for your dessert cravings.
- ½ cup Soaked sabudana
- 1 L milk (4 cups)
- ½ cup water
- 4-5 strands of saffron (kesar)
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- Chopped almonds
- Wash sabudana properly and soak it in water for at least for 2 hours
- Dissolve saffron /kesar in 1 tablespoon of milk
- Pour milk in the container and heat it on medium flame
- Once it comes to boil, add soaked sabudana. Then add sugar stir it and let it dissolve.
- Cook and keep stirring the ingredients until sabudana turns out to be transparent and soft
- Add dissolved saffron, cardamom powder and cook it at low flame
- Within 8-10 minutes milk will become thicker
- Once it becomes thick, turn off the flame, transfer kheer in a serving bowl and garnish it chopped almond.
You can relish this dessert warm or cold.