Ingredients Of Moong Daal Samosa
- Samosa Pastry (Covering):
- 2 cups refined flour-sifted
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Cold water to knead
- 3 cup husked green gram (moong daal)-soaked in water for 3-4 hours
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 3 tsp garam masala
- 3 tsp chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp powdered fennel seeds
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp mango powder
How to Make Moong Daal Samosa
For the Samosa:
- Add the salt to the flour, and rub the oil into it.
- Add water and knead into a stiff dough (It is important for the dough to be stiff). Leave to rest for 15 minutes or so.
- Shape dough into smooth balls, and roll the balls into thin rounds. Cut these into halves.
- Take one half, wet the edges, and fold the straight edge at the center and join by one half overlapping the other to form into a cone.
- Press the overlapping portion, and fill the cone and press the edges together to seal. The oil should be hot when you add thesamosasto it, then lower the heat and let cook till brown.
For the filling:
- Grind the lentils coarsely. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When they begin to splutter, add the lentils and the rest of the ingredients, which make up the filling.
- Saute over low heat till the mixture is well fried. It will stop sticking to the pan when done.
- Take mixture off heat and leave to cool.
Source : NDTV