Peppery watercress is naturally fit with Asian flavours. Infact, Asian grocery stores are good places to find inexpensive bunches of fresh watercress.
- 3 Tbs. finely chopped shallots
- 3 Tbs. seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. minced, peeled fresh ginger
- ½ tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 6 cups trimmed watercress sprigs (2 bunches)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 tangerines, peeled, and sliced ½-inch thick
- 1 large ripe avocado, cut into ½-inch wedges
1 Whisk together shallots, vinegar and vegetable oil, ginger, and sesame oil in small bowl and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2 Toss together watercress and mushrooms in large bowl with half of dressing. Spread salad out on medium platter. Tuck tangerine slices and avocado wedges in between watercress sprigs. Drizzle remaining dressing over salad.