The main difference between Italian and Indo Italian dishes is that the dishes which require stuffing, Indian vegetables and masalas replace the authentic Italian ones. Authentic Italian foods use the typical Italian herbs to flavour but very little chillies. And since we Indians like our food to be spicier, plenty of chilli flakes do the needful. So here is the recipe:
- Rasmalai 8
- Instant Coffee Powder 4 teaspoons
- Mascarpone cheese 2 cups
- Whipped cream 2 cups
- Eggless sponge cake 1 eight inch stick
- Cocoa powder 2 tsps + for sprink
- Icing sugar 2 tsps + for sprink
- Heat 1 cup water in a non-stick pan. Add coffee powder and boil for a minute.
- Place mascarpone cheese in a bowl and whip for half a minute. Add whipped cream, mix well and set aside.
- Cut vertical roundels from the cake with a cookie cutter and further cut them horizontally into ½ inch thick round slices.
- Place 4 glasses on the work top. Place a cake slice at the base of each glass.
- Pour 2-3 tbsps coffee in each glass. Put 2 tbsps mascarpone cheese-cream mixture in each glass and tap the glass lightly.
- Squeeze 4 rasmalai and place one in each glass. Pour 3 tbsps coffee over it. Squeeze the remaining 4 rasmalai and place one in each glass.
- Put 2 tbsps cheese-cream mixture in each glass and spread it with the help of a spatula.
- Sieve cocoa powder and icing sugar on top. Garnish with a small mint sprig and serve.