Rajesh Kumar Chaturvedi has been appointed as chairperson of CBSE by Appointments Committee of the Ccabinet (ACC) on Thursday. The Chairperson was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Earlier, the HRD Ministry was deprived of the power to appoint chairperson of the Central Board of Secondary Education.
Since December 2014, CBSE has not had any chairperson.
Details of New Chairperson:
- Chaturvedi is an IAS officer of 1987 batch, belonging to Madhya Pradesh
- He comes from a background and experience in revenue and commerce departments
- He has never worked for the education sector
- Chaturvedi was appointed after ACC decided that CBSE chairperson will be appointed by the central government
- Earlier, Sarvendra Vikram Bahadur’s name had been rejected for the post.
The other people who were shortlisted for the post were: Kamalakanta Biswal from National University of Educational Planning and Administration, Khurram Shahzad Noor, senior official in the education wing of the Indian Navy