The second merit list of Centralised Admission Process (CAP) was declared by Fergusson College, Pune on Tuesday. Around 13,793 students will get the admission in FYJC.
Points to know :
- There are a total of 73, 385 seats in junior college in Pune and Pimpri Chichwad
- Of the total available seats, 52,616 allotments have been made in the first round
- By July 2, 36,633 students confirmed their admission, 190 rejected the seats and 839 cancelled the allotments
- As many as 14,954 students did not report to the college after the list was released
- In the second round, around 36,752 seats were available for admissions of which 15,563 allotments were given
- About 14,000 students await admission in any college so far.
Seat allotments and more:
- Out of 15,563 allotments, 3,391 students got the college of their first choice
- Around 5, 037 students were given colleges as thier second to fifth choices
- Maximum allotments, i.e, 7,074, took place in Commerce and English Faculty
- 3,716 allotments were made for science faculty.
A college authority said, “Large number of students have not reserved a seat in colleges yet, considering that it leads to uncertainty and anxiety amongst students and parents, it must be done at the earliest.”
Selected students must check their official site which is http://pune.fyjc.org and confirm their provisional admissions by paying Rs 50 between July 7 and July 9 from 11 am to 4 pm.