Ingredients Of Plum Squash
- 500 gm plums – soaked overnight
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp potassium meta bisulphate
How to Make Plum Squash
- Squeeze the plums and discard the seeds.
- Blend the plum mixture and strain the juice through a sieve.
- Place the strained juice and sugar in a pan and stir over low heat till the sugar dissolves.
- Once it dissolves, add the lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about five minutes, stirring all the time, so that it does not get caramelised.
- Take the mixture off the heat and let it cool.
- Mix in the potassium metabisulphite dissolved in one tbsp of boiled water.
- Store in sterilised bottles.
Source : NDTV