Peanut Butter Cheesecake Truffles are delicious bites of smooth peanut butter cheesecake loaded with chocolate chips, covered with crunchy chocolate shell.
8 oz of cream cheese
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup of bittersweet chocolate chips-chopped (you can use milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips because the truffles are not too sweet)
8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate-coarsely chopped
- Combine the cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar and mix on medium speed about 2 minutes. Fold in chopped chocolate chips.
- Cover the mixture and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Line a tray with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Using small ice-cream scoop, scoop the cheesecake mixture on a parchment paper lined tray. (try to make the balls small, because they are so rich and you want small bites). Using your hands roll the balls to make them smooth, then place them in the freezer to harden( for 20-30 minutes)
- Melt chopped chocolate. Let the warm chocolate sit for 5 minutes to slightly cool before dipping.
- Line another tray with parchment paper and set aside. Using a fork or a toothpicks dip the cheesecake bites into chocolate to cover them completely and place onto parchment paper. You must work very quickly with the truffles and in small batches (take just 3-4 truffles from the freezer at the time).
- When the chocolate is harden, you can reheat the leftovers of the melted chocolate, transfer to a zip lock bag, cut the corner off and drizzled over the truffles.
- Store in the refrigerator.