Fusion cuisine is one that combines elements of different culinary traditions. Cuisines of this type are not categorized according to any one particular cuisine style and have played a part in a number of innovations. Fusion food is a general term for the combination of various forms of cookery and comes in several forms. So here is the recipe:
- Refined flour (maida) 1 cup
- Castor sugar (caster sugar) 1 cup
- Soda bicarbonate ½ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Butter 1 cup + 2 teaspoons + for greasing
- Eggs 7
- Buttermilk 1 cup
- Strawberries 10-12
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder ¼ teaspoon
- Milk 1 cup
- Maple syrup to grease
- Preheat oven to 180º C.
- To make pancake, sieve together refined flour, soda bicarbonate, baking powder, salt and ½ cup castor sugar into a bowl.
- Melt one cup butter in another bowl in a microwave for 30 seconds. Cool down to room temperature.
- Break two eggs in a third bowl and whisk well. Add buttermilk and mix well. Add melted butter and mix well. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix well to make a smooth batter.
- Heat one teaspoon butter in a non-stick pan, pour a ladleful of the batter and cook on low heat till underside is golden, flip and cook till the other side is evenly done. Similarly prepare the rest.
- To make strawberry stew, roughly chop strawberries reserving a few for garnishing.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut out discs from the prepared pancakes.
- Heat chopped strawberries in another non-stick pan, add ¼ cup sugar and a little water and mix well. Cook on low heat till the mixture thickens.
- To make custard, break remaining eggs into a large bowl, add remaining sugar, vanilla essence, cinnamon powder and mix well. Add milk and mix well.
- Heat this mixture in a deep non-stick pan and mix well. Bring this to a boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Grease the baking dish with butter, place the pancake roundels in it, pour the prepared custard. Put this dish in the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the dish from oven, cut with a cookie cutter and place a portion of the pudding bake on a serving plate, top with stewed strawberries, drizzle maple syrup over it, garnish with the reserved strawberry and serve immediately.