For the cupcakes
- 1 box of triple chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 larger size box of unprepared chocolate pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of water
- About a cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- about 6 very chopped Oreos
For the frosting
- 1 package of cream cheese, 8oz. at room temp.
- 4 cups powder sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 container of Cool Whip, 8oz. thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the cake mix, oil, unprepared pudding, sour cream, eggs, and water. Then add in chocolate chips and finely chopped Oreos.
- Bake in cupcake liners for about 18 mins.
- While the cupcakes cool, make the frosting.
- Beat the cream cheese and vanilla together until smooth and fluffy. Slowly add in the sugar while continuing to mix the cream cheese mixture.
- On a low speed, add in the cool whip.
- You may need to allow the frosting to set up in the refrigerator while the cupcakes continue to cool. Make sure the cupcake are all the way cool before adding frosting.
- Put your frosting in a pastry bag.
- Stick the point of the pastry bag into the cupcake and squeeze a little frosting into the center. You will see the cupcake puff up.
- Then frost the cupcakes like normal and sprinkle with crushed Oreo.11. If you’d like, stick a piece of leftover Oreo in the frosting, for a little flair and extra cookie goodness.