1 lb Ground beef
1 Optional toppings – chopped tomatoes
1 cup Salsa, jarred mild
Pasta & grains
8 oz Rotini pasta
Baking & spices
1 Pinch Black pepper
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1 ounce packet Taco seasoning
1 1/2 cups Mexican-style cheese
2 cups Water
- Brown beef in a large quart pot over medium/ high heat. Drain fat and return beef to pot. (If adding bell pepper i sauteed it first then threw in beef to cook)
- Add taco seasoning, water, tomatoes, tomato sauce and corn. Bring to a boil. Below are the cans I used (+1 more of the tomato sauce)(the tomatoes were not spicy at all btw)
- Add uncooked macaroni and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes (until pasta is cooked through). Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle cheese on top and cover.
- Serve once cheese is melted!