New Delhi: A 37-year-old man died while his friend was injured after a fire broke out in South Delhi’s Hauz Khas village early Wednesday morning. The fire is suspected to have originated from a short-circuit, but police investigations are on.
“Three fire tenders were rushed to the spot after a shed at the top of the house reportedly caught fire. The women was found unconscious and rushed to the Safdarjung hospital,” a fire official told media.
The fire at the roof of a house was reported by a neighbour around 5:45 am, which was later doused off after an hour. On arrival, the fire fighters found a 36-year-old man dead and a 24-year-old woman, injured inside the house.
The neighbour who reported the fire said the residents tried to douse it off by using water and fire extinguishers. “Before the fire tenders arrived, we tried to control the fire through whatever resources we had,” a neighbour said. An official from fire department said the fire was brought under control by 6:50 am.