- Rolled oats 1½ cups
- Chocolate chips ½ cup
- Refined flour (maida) ¼ cup
- Powdered sugar ¾ cup
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Eggs 2
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- Milk as required
- Melted butter 2 tablespo + for greasing
- Dry roast 1 cup oats, cool and grind to a fine powder.
- Sift flour and powdered sugar, one by one, into a bowl. Add oats powder, baking powder and remaining oats and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre and break eggs into it. Add vanilla essence and whisk well. Add milk, gradually and keep whisking till a smooth batter is formed.
- Add 2 tablespoons melted butter and mix well. Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Heat the waffle iron. Grease with some butter, pour some batter into it, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or till golden brown on both sides. Remove from the waffle iron and keep on a serving plate.
- Make more waffles similarly.
- Cut each waffle into small squares and serve immediately with maple syrup.