The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) Phase 2 examination will be held tomorrow by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
The exam will be conducted to choose the aspirants for various medical and dental courses like Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS).
The reports revealed that more than 4.7 lakh students will appear for the test which will be held at various centres across the nation.
Recently, the Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Bill 2016 and the Dentists (Amendment) Bill 2016 was passed by Lok Sabha to revive the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) ordinance.
Here are some of the changes that took place in recent times:
- The state boards have been free from NEET this year.
- Under the new system, all private and medical colleges will be included.
- The undergraduate medical courses will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and the postgraduate courses will be held by National Board of Examination
- To conduct the examination, a special facilitation centres have been established in the state Jammu and Kashmir (J&K)
- The exam will be conducted in 16 states. This decision has been taken by State Boards examinations and 15 states have opted for NEET
- For the exam, there are more than 35,000 MBBS and BDS seats under 15 per cent quota seats in government colleges.
- The examination will be conducted Hindi, English and some other languages
- The entrance test shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions
- Four options will be given, out of which,a single correct answer needs to be marked
- Questions will be asked from subjects like physics, chemistry and biology (botany and zoology)
- All the candidates will be provided specially designed machine-gradable sheet by CBSE
- All answers need to be marked with ball point pen only
- The test would be conducted for a duration of three hours
Student can download their admit cards from the official website, the link for which is cbse.nic.in or aipmt.nic.in
- The final results for NEET will be out on August 17
- The counselling session for the NEET candidates would begin from August 18 till September 30