Navratri is one of the most fortunate times for Hindus. The Devotees offer prayer to the Goddess Durga or Maa Durga and stay on fast during the time period of Nine days.
Fasting, if done for all nine days which technically detoxify body, provide that good amount of fruits, vegetables, milk products and unsweetened beverages are included. Fasting can also improve your cardiovascular function, blood composition and blood pressure dictates the experts.
The benefits of fasting are as follows:
- During fasting intake of a lot of liquids such as coconut water, orange juice and herbal tea can help in forcefully flushing out toxins from the body and maintaining electrolyte balance in the body.
2. Fasting helps in bringing the self-discipline in our life and it keep us away from eating unnecessary food or other junk products.
3. By Following the traditional pattern of Satvik diet which includes fruits, lassi (Buttermilk), lemon water, sendha namak, etc helps in take care of the digestive system, and hence prevents from constipation and dehydration.
4. Ketosis: the fat-burning can be reached by fasting. Fasting helps in burning the fat from the body. Excessive central fat stored around organs, like your liver and kidneys, interferes with organ function. Fasting helps in reaching ketosis and hence improves the organ function.
5. Due to fasting, body secretes less of insulin because there is not enough the dosage of sugar is less in the body, hence it lower the levels of this hormone which leads to increased sensitivity in those with insulin resistance.
6. Fasting reboot, the immune system by clearing out old protected cells and regenerating the new ones.