National Herald Case: Notice Issued to Sonia, Rahul on Swamy’s Petition

57

New Delhi: Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Vice President Rahul Gandhi and other leaders were asked by a Delhi court today to respond to a fresh plea of BJP leader Subramanian Swamy seeking certain documents from the party and Associated Journals Ltd (AJL) in the National Herald case. All of them are required to file their response within two weeks, while the next date for the hearing is October 5.

850-yr old Portion of Jaisalmer fort’s exterior wall collapsed

Swamy’s application sought summoning of documents from Associated Journal Limited and the Congress party. BJP leader Swamy had filed a complaint before the trial court in 2012, alleging that Congress leaders were involved in cheating and breach of trust in the acquisition of Associated Journals Ltd (AJL) by Young India Pvt Ltd (YIL), as assets worth crores of rupees had been transferred to YIL.

In a statement, Swamy had said, “There is no way I can be restricted from getting these copies (of document) again. I will file a complete application for summoning of documents. The order (of high court) does not say that these documents should be returned. The high court says I can move fresh application. I will move application for summoning of documents as permitted by high court.”

Swamy alleged that Congress president Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul were on the list of board of directors of YIL, through which they had “taken over” the assets of AJL in a “malicious manner” to gain profits worth Rs 2,000 crore. Swamy also said that YIL had paid just Rs 50 lakh to obtain the right to recover Rs 90.25 crore that AJL had owed to the Congress party, given earlier as a loan to start the newspaper. His complaint also urged that the loan given to AJL was “illegal” as it had been taken from party’s funds. Apart from the Gandhis, general secretary Oscar Fernandes, technocrat Sam Pitroda and journalist Suman Dubey were also named in the case.

For Latest Hindi News,Click Here

loading...