ingredients (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
750 ml chilled water
4 tbsp sattu/roasted black chickpea flour
½ tsp black salt or add as required
½ tsp roasted cumin powder/bhuna jeera powder
¼ tsp black pepper powder, optional
3 tsp lemon juice or juice of 1 small lemon or lime
2 tsp chopped coriander leaves/dhania patta
2 tsp chopped mint leaves/pudina patta
how to make the recipe:
- in a mug or pan, add 4 tbsp sattu.
- add ½ tsp roasted cumin powder.
- add 3 tsp lemon juice.
- add ½ tsp black salt.
- pour 750 ml chilled water.
- with a spoon, stir and mix well. break small lumps if any with the spoon.
- lastly add 2 tsp each of chopped mint and coriander leaves. you can skip one of them, if you do not have. you can also add green chilies and finely chopped onions if you prefer. you can also add black pepper powder.
- pour in glasses and serve sattu drink. you can also keep in refrigerator and then serve later.