Be a kid or a teenage or an adult or an oldie, chicken lovers trend all over the world at all times! One meat that is a favourite of all beyond belief! When cooked, it can be presented in many guises. Sauté it, fry it, toss it, bake it, steam it – eat it the way you want to. Whatever its form may be upon being cooked, its flavour may change but its flesh remains high in protein, low in fat and can be digested easily. So here is the recipe:
- Chicken on the bone cut into 1-inch pieces 750 grams
- Almonds blanched and peeled 20-25
- Ginger-garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder 1¼ teaspoons
- Turmeric powder ¼ teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Cinnamon 2 inch sticks
- Bay leaf 1
- Black peppercorns 8-10
- Cloves 6-7
- Green cardamoms 4-5
- Poppy seeds (khuskhus/posto) soaked and drained 4 tablespoons
- Onions finely chopped 3 medium
- Ghee 3 tablespoons
- Yogurt ¼ cup
- Fresh cream 1 tablespoon + to sprinkle
- Put chicken pieces in a bowl, add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon red chilli powder and salt and mix well. Set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Dry roast cinnamon, bay leaf, peppercorns, cloves and cardamoms in a non-stick pan. Cool to room temperature and grind to a fine powder.
- Grind together poppy seeds and almonds reserving some for the garnishing to a smooth paste.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan, add onions and sauté till lightly browned. Add marinated chicken and mix well. Add remaining red chilli powder and ground powder reserving some for garnishing and mix well. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add yogurt and mix well. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground paste, ½ cup water and mix well. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Adjust salt and cream and mix well.
- Sliver the reserved almonds.
- Garnish with fresh cream, almond slivers, ground powder and serve hot.