The results of National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2016 had been released by CBSE recently. There will be around 450 seats for the candidates to take admission in the academic session 2016. The results will be available on the official website, the link for the site is aipmt.nic.in
As per reports, Het Shah has topped the examination by securing 685 marks, followed by Ekansh Goyal with 682 marks, and Nikhil Bajiya with 678 marks.
The announcement has been made by the Supreme Court-Mandated Oversight Committee on Medical Council of India (SCMOCMCI) which stated that three new colleges will come up in Telangana.
Details of the report:
1. Around 450 seats have been added this time for the academic session 2016-17, sources said.
2. Medical candidates aims to crack Eamcet-III but could not. Those candidates will get a chance of getting admission.
3. Now, RVM Medical College, Mulugu mandal (Medak); Mahavir Institute of Medical Sciences, Ranga Reddy; and Maheshwara Medical College, Patancheru will be offering more seats
4. The total number of seats in Telangana will now be 3,350 seats, including 2,350 in private colleges.
5. Earlier, SCMOCMCI, while using its power to override Medical Council of India's (MCI) decision, rejected applications of these three colleges for not fulfilling infrastructure-related deficiencies.
6. However, later on, it gave them the letter of permission (LoP) to start intake for 150 MBBS seats each for the commencing academic session, but with a clause.
7. Later, the Supreme Court decided to give a second chance to the three colleges which has however, received criticism.
8. While speaking on this issue, MCI member Dr K Ramesh Reddy, in a recent TOI report said, "At the most, the SCMOCMCI should have appointed another inspection team to find out if these new applicants addressed all deficiencies or not before giving them a second chance."