Moong dal ground into a smooth batter along with onions and spices is pan-fried and filled with crumbled cottage cheese. It makes a great breakfast and a delicious snack. Served along with some green mint chutney just like that or sandwich it between slices of bread to make a delicious sandwich. So here is the recipe:
- Split green gram 1/4 cup
- Ginger 1 1/2 inch piece
- Garlic roughly chopped 5-6 cloves
- Onion roughly chopped 1 medium
- Green chillies roughly chopped 3
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil to shallow fry
- Green chutney 3/4 cup
- Skimmed milk cottage cheese (paneer) 3/4 cup
- Soak moong dal in three cups of water for about half an hour. Drain and grind with ginger, garlic, onion, green chillies and salt to a smooth batter.
- Add red chilli power and mix well. Heat a tawa and grease it. Spread a ladle full of batter to a thin disc. Drizzle a little oil and cook on medium heat till the underside is done.
- Carefully flip over, drizzle a little oil and cook till the other side is done too. Spread some green chutney over the chilla. Sprinkle paneer and fold the chilla over to a half moon shape. Serve hot.