A minor fire occurred at gate one of new domestic terminal of the Chennai airport on Sunday morning at around 10 Am.
“The incident happened due to short circuit in an exhaust fan. The fire and smoke caused a flutter as it was busy hour for domestic schedules,” sources said.
“Nobody was injured in the incident”, they said.
Earlier, the Chennai airport had faced around 63 incidents of its glass panels breaking. More than 13 people got injuries during that time.
The notice was sent by NHRC to the Union Civil Aviation Ministry and the Airport Authority of India on April.
Moreover, the airport was inaugurated in 2013.