Make some egg sandwiches. Guests come in, make an egg curry or egg biryani. You are hungry? Poach an egg and have it topped with stir fried veggies – perfect protein source for the body! Check the freshness – keep a raw egg in a bowl of water. Fresh eggs will stay at the bottom while stale eggs stand on end or float. So here is the recipe:
- Egg whites 4
- Castor sugar (caster sugar) 1 cup
- Mint essence 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Cornflour/ corn starch 1 tablespoon
- Edible green colour a few drops
- Whipped cream For topping
- Mango peeled and cut into thick strips 1 medium
- Mint leaves a few for garnishing
- Preheat oven at 130ºC. Place a butter paper on a baking tray.
- Separate egg whites from yolks and take the whites in a bowl. Beat with the help of an electric beater till the whites are foamy. Gradually add sugar and whisk until it forms soft peaks.
- Add mint essence and vinegar. Sift cornstarch into it and add edible colour. Fold lightly till well blended.
- Divide the egg white mixture into four equal portions and place it onto the butter paper, put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Top with whipped cream and mango and serve garnished with mint sprig.