- You will also need a parchment decorating bag (or bag of some kind) and a jelly donut filling tip (or long tip of some kind).
- In a large bowl mix all of the cake batter together except for the coffee.
- After it is mixed well, add the hot coffee, mixing well again.
- Put into paper-lined cupcake tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 15-20 minute till done.
- Cool the cupcakes before filling.
- While cupcakes are baking prepare the filling.
- In a jar shake together the flour, milk, and salt.
- Put this into a saucepan, and on a medium heat, cook till you have a thick paste, stirring constantly.
- Let cool.
- In a mixer, combine the sugar, shortening, and vanilla and beat well, about 5-7 minutes so that the sugar and shortening are well blended.
- Add the flour paste and whip for another 5-7 minutes.
- The more you whip the fluffier it gets.
- Using parchment bags for cake decorating or other bag that you have and a jelly donut filling tip, fill the bag with the the filling.
- Insert the tip into the center of each cupcake and squeeze until the cupcake cracks open.
2teaspoons baking soda
1teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2cup vegetable oil
1cup hot coffee