1/4 cup gram flour (besan)
1/4 cup fenugreek leaves (finely chopped)
1 tbsp rice powder
Pinch of baking soda
2 green chilies (finely chopped)
1 tbsp coriander leaves
1 tsp ginger (grated)
1 tsp cumin seed
1/4tsp red chili powder
Oil for deep frying
How to make methi ke pakore :
- Take a bowl, mix gram flour, rice powder, cumin seed and red chili powder. Make a batter with the help of water.
- Start with just 1/2 cup water, keep stirring, and then keep adding water a little at a time till a semi –liquid batter is there. Make sure that the batter is not thin.
- Now add soda and 2 tsp oil and mix well.
- Now add the chopped fenugreek leaves, green chili, coriander leaves and grated ginger, Mix well.
- Keep a kadai filled with oil on medium flame.
- Check the temperature of the oil by dropping a smalldrop of batter in the oil. If it comes up immediately the oil is ready.
- Now drop spoonful of batter in the oil and fry till golden brown on both sides.
- Do not put too many at a time or they will not cook properly.
- Serve the hot methi ke pakore with tamarind and green chutney.