Astrology: Laughing Buddha is a symbol of joy and wealth. Laughing Buddha holds a lot of significance in our lives. Most of us strongly believe that keeping it in a particular direction fulfils distinct desires. Place a Buddha in your home to add an atmosphere of peace and togetherness.
Hence, it is important to know that which direction should it be kept in and also which type of it should be used by individuals.
Types of laughing Buddha
Laughing Buddha with a bowl
The bowl depicts a monk's life. It is associated with renunciation of material possessions and attaining enlightenment.
Laughing Buddha with a fan
This one symbolizes happiness and joy. It is said that waving of fan by Buddha sculpture depicts banishment of troubles.
Laughing Buddha with a sack or bag
The Buddha carrying sack symbolizes a traveler. One version is that the sack means that he collects people's sadness and woes and puts them in his sack. While another version is that the sack symbolizes wealth and good fortune.
Laughing Buddha playing with children (usually five in number)
It symbolizes good fortune coming from heavens. It also brings good luck and positive energies.
Laughing Buddha with beads or balls
The one with beads is considered to be a monk representing meditation practice. The beads also symbolize ‘pearls of wisdom'.
While the ball is considered to be a wealth ball and is said that it brings wealth and prosperity.
Different postures of laughing Buddha
1) The sitting posture of Buddha is considered to be that of love and it symbolizes balance of thoughts and tranquillity.
2) The standing Buddha symbolizes riches and happiness.
3) Buddha sitting on a large gold nugget and ready to give a smaller gold nugget is a symbol of good luck.
4) Buddha with his fan hat on head represents enjoyment and good fortune.
5) Buddha holding a gold block with his hands in upright position signifies abundant riches and good luck.
6) Buddha with fan in one hand and bottle gourd in another brings blessings and good health.
7) Buddha carrying a bag of gold on his back symbolizes prosperity.
8) Buddha carrying a bag of blessings on his right shoulder and fan on the left one protects during long journeys.