8 bread pavs
1 tsp oil
2 large onions, finely chopped
1 small green capsicum, finely chopped
2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
2 tsp pav bhaji masala
2 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
2 Tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
A few lettuce leaves
Salt to taste
1. Slit the pavs into two halves.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Add onions and sauté for two minutes. Add green capsicum and sauté.
3. Meanwhile keep the slit pavs on a heated grill, close the lid and cook.
4. Add tomatoes to the pan and continue to sauté. Add salt and quarter cup water and mix.
5. Add pav bhaji masala and mix.
6. Add the boiled potatoes and another quarter cup of water and cook till all the ingredients blend well and the mixture is quite dry.
7. Add coriander leaves and mix.
8. Place lettuce leaves over the bread halves. Spread the cooked filling over them, fold each half and serve immediately.