This non-vegetarian recipe is a recipe of the past and is so yummy that you’ll be licking your own fingers. Masala Chicken is an easy recipe that you can prepare at home for your near and dear ones. This North Indian side dish recipe can be best enjoyed with butter naan, or even homemade chapati. Relish the taste of this chicken recipe!
1 1/4 kilograms washed & dried chicken
3 cup sliced onion
2 cup minced tomato
1 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
1 tablespoon garlic flakes
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
1/2 cup grated coconut
5 tablespoon refined oil
1/2 cup curry leaves
1 teaspoon salt
2 inches ginger
3/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon peppercorns
3 tablespoon coriander powder
3/4 cup water
1 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- For preparing this chicken recipe, clean and wash the chicken three-four times and drain. Keep this cleaned chicken aside and make a paste of 2 pieces of ginger, garlic, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and black peppercorn.
- Then take chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and a quarter cup of water. Grind them all and make a paste of it. Now grind together grated fresh coconut and poppy seeds and make a fine paste of them.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, fry onions till they turn golden brown. Then add curry leaves and salt, mix in the ginger-garlic spice paste and fry for three minutes.
- Now add chilli-coriander-turmeric powder paste. Mix thoroughly and add the chicken pieces. Fry for five minutes.
- Add tomatoes and fry for another five minutes with one and a half cups of water and cook for about 10-15 minutes. When the chicken is tender, mix in the coconut-poppy seed paste and cook over medium heat for five minutes.
- Finally, add coriander leaves, mix well and remove from heat. Serve it hot with butter naan and raita.