These cupcakes are covered in marshmallow “webbing” that is made by melting down mini marshmallows and using your fingers to stretch the gooey mixture over a HERSHEY’S Kiss topped chocolate frosted cupcake. The Kiss on top gives the shape of the frosting a somewhat sinister element with it’s delicious chocolate point.
- 4 cupcakes topped with chocolate frosting (I used vanilla frosted cupcakes and simply turned them upside down and dipped them in melted HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Baking Pieces. If the cupcakes and frosting are cold, the chocolate will firm up in a matter of seconds)
- 1 tablespoon HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
- 4 HERSHEY’S Kisses
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Place the mini marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 15 second intervals until puffed and melted. Stir with a fork to deflate and mix together. Set aside.
- Place the baking chips in a small bowl and microwave for 15-20 seconds, or until melted.
- Unwrap the HERSHEY’S Kisses, dip the bottom in the melted chocolate and place them on top of the frosted cupcakes.
- To cover the cupcake in marshmallow web, scoop a little bit of melted marshmallow between your fingers and spread your fingers apart to make the marshmallow stringy. Lay the marshmallow strings over and around the frosting with your fingers, coating the frosting until the desired level of coverage is achieved.
NOTE: Cupcakes can be refrigerated after the marshmallow web topping is applied but do note that it will become slightly sticky from the condensation.