Amritsar: The incident took place on Thursday when a fire broke out at the ticket reservation counter of Amritsar railway station.
During the incident, eight counter window along with the main server were damaged.
A railway official said the “fire was caused by an electric short circuit and within few seconds, the flames engulfed the entire reservation section at the station.”
When the incident happened, around five fire brigade came to the busy station to quench the flames.
The fire broke out due to electric short-circuit in the railway station, Sub fire officer, Sarfraz said.
No casualty have been found, reports said.
The passengers would be able to make online bookings and get current tickets from another section of the station, officials said.