Boiled macaroni tossed with baked beans, onions, capsicum, corn kernels, sauces and fresh cream and topped with plenty of cheese. This recipe which is from my book ‘Fun Food for Fussy Kids’ is a favourite with children – sneak in a few more veggies and they will eat it gladly. So here is the recipe:
- Macaroni 1 1/2 cups
- Oil 4 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Onions cut into 1/2 inch squares 2 large
- Tinned corn kernels 1/2 cup
- Green capsicum cut into 1/2 inch pieces 1 medium
- Baked beans 1/2 cup
- Tomato ketchup 4 tablespoons
- Red chilli sauce 2 teaspoons
- Soy sauce 2 teaspoons
- Cream 1/2 cup
- Processed cheese grated 2 tablespoons
- Heat sufficient water in a non-stick deep pan.
- Add half teaspoon oil and a little salt and boil the macaroni till al dente. Drain and refresh. Spread out onto a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick pan and add the onions and sauté till translucent. Add the sweet corn and sauté for a couple of minutes. Add the capsicum and baked beans and sauté for three to four minutes.
- Add the boiled macaroni, tomato ketchup, red chilli sauce, soy sauce and salt and toss gently. Add the cream and toss gently.
- Sprinkle the cheese and serve hot.