New Delhi/ Kolkata. Counting of votes for the high stakes Assembly elections in Assam, West Bengal, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Puducherry has started and trends will be out in few hours. Initial trends point to TMC in Bengal, BJP in Assam and Left Alliance in Kerala while Congress is seen to be trailed in all five states.
Kolkata: Triumph for Mamta
-In west Bengal, Mamta Banerjee’s party is heading towards victory with more than 200 seats.
– At her Kalighat home, she is meeting with Mukul roy and Derek O’Brien.
Who is going to outplay?
Assam (Total seats- 294)
- BJP – 70
- Congress – 22
- AIUDF – 11
- Others – 5
West Bengal (Total Seats- 294)
- TAMC – 215
- Left – 66
- BJP – 9
- Others – 4
Results of Exit polls
- It seems that BJP is going to be on-road in Assam, according to the Exit poll survey two days back.
- In West Bengal, Mamta Benerjee is expected to return with strength
- Congress might get another blow from Kerala. LDF (Left Democratic Front) to take the lead.
Present status of all states!
#1 West Bengal
- CM Mamta Banerjee’s Trinamool Congress fought alone. BJP adhered three seats to GJM. While, Left Alliance mated with Congress.
- 1960 candidates for the 294 seats were in a fray, 244 of them are millionaires.
- 354 adjourned with criminal cases while cases of serious crime on 294
- CPM’ Surya Kanta Mishra confronting Mamta.
-Ruling party Congress fought polls alone. BJP aligned with Assam’s AGP and Bodoland People’s Front.
– Badruddin Jamal’s party AIUDF made Third front with RJD and JDU.
– CM Candidate: Congress’s Tarun Gogoi and BJP’s Sarbananda Sonowal.
-1062 candidates in fray for 126 seats, 237 being millionaires.
-72 candidates are on the criminal case while 57 in serious criminal case.
#3 Tamil Nadu
- Cm Jayalalithaa’s AIADMK party contested on 227 seats. The remaining seven seats left for five smaller allies. DMK aligned with Congress and two smaller parties. Also BJP allied with three small parties.
- CM Candidate: AIADMK’s Jayalalithaa and DMK’s 92-year-old Karunanidhi.
- 997 candidates I fray for 234 seats, 553 are millionaires.
- Criminal case on 283 candidates including 157 of serious criminal cases.
- Congress and united Democratic Front alliance (UDF) government’s had five-year-run. Left Democratic Font (LDF) with 93-yaer-old VS Achuthanandan contested against Congress. BJP aligned with Bhjarat Dharm Jansena gave 37 seats from 140.
- CM Candidate: Congress’s Oommen Chandy against Left Alliance’s VS Achuthanandan.
All India NR Congress (AINRC) was in power, challenged by AIADMk & DMK. DMK aligned with Congress.
- CM Candidate: AINRC’s N Rangaswamy is in power right now.
- 343 candidates for 30 seats, 96 being millionaires.
- 68 charged with criminal case including 30 of serious criminal case.