Navratras are incomplete without Kuttu Ke Pakore. Made with buckwheat flour and potatoes, these delightful pakoras can be made in less than 20 minutes and are full of taste and flavours. Add some green chillies and coriander leaves to give that extra edge to your pakora recipe.
250 gm buckwheat (kuttu)
2 green chilli
1/2 teaspoon ginger
sendha namak as required
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 handful mint leaves
1 slice mango
1/2 cup water
- First, prepare the green chutney to enjoy this lip-smacking dish. For that, add mint leaves (leave a little for garnishing), 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, a slice of mango and sendha namak as per your taste in a blender jar. Blend them well and if you want a little tangy taste, add lemon juice.
- Now, boil the potatoes and when they are done, peel and mash them in a bowl.
- Next, mix together potatoes, buckwheat or kuttu ka atta along with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add a little water in it and knead it slightly to make a dough like consistency. Don’t keep this dough for long as it will turn soggy.
- Then heat oil in a kadhai on high flame and quickly make patties with the dough and deep fry them.
- Garnish these kuttu pakoras with mint leaves and serve hot with mint chutney. Enjoy!