Kumble – Sweet Jackfruit Wrap is a South Indian recipe. This Kerala recipe is made using bay leaves and rice flour. It is a sweet culinary delight and is ideal for breakfast. Kumble is a type of appam which has a unique aroma due to its being steamed in bay leaves and has a soft, crumbling texture. Try out this unique recipe on special occasions and festivals.
20 bay leaf
2 cup powdered jaggery
3 crushed green cardamom
1 cup jackfruit pulp
1 cup rice flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon cumin powder
- Wash the leaves and pat them dry. You must choose larger leaves so that it is easy to wrap them around the stuffing.
- Mix all the other ingredients well and keep it aside for at least an hour. This releases the aroma of spices in the flour and pulp.
- Take the leaves and shape them like cones.
- Fill these cones with the mixture and seal them in the shape of a flattened samosa.
- Steam the cones for 20 to 25 minutes.
- They are ready to be served hot. Can be consumed even at the room temperature or cold as well.