Coastal cuisine of India loves the coconut. Be it Goan or Malwani, Karnatak, Tamilian or from Kerala, the taste of coconut reigns supreme. Think about a rich fish curry and try making it obliterating the coconut! It will pass off as a fake. Very correctly termed as the ‘plant of life,’ each and every part of the coconut plant is useful in one or the other way. So here is the recipe:
- Scraped coconut freshly 2 cups
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Fresh cream 1/2 cup
- Green cardamom powder A large pi
- Ghee 1/2 tablespoon
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat. Add coconut, sugar, fresh cream and green cardamom powder and mix. Cook on medium low heat, stirring continuously, for fifteen minutes or till the mixture turns golden brown.
- Grease a thali with ghee and pour the coconut mixture onto it and spread evenly.
- When it cools, cut into diamonds or squares and serve. You can also store it in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for about a week.